“The teeth are not good, the disease is running around.” The health of the teeth is related to general health. However, only 31.4% of people in China only brush their teeth once a day; 91% don’t have regular teeth cleaning, and 86.4% don’t regularly check their oral health. Oral disease is a progressive chronic disease. If the lesion can be detected early and prevented in time, it can block the formation of the disease. If you have problems with sensitive teeth, bleeding gums, bad breath, loose teeth, missing teeth, and tooth trauma, take time to seek medical attention.
Nowadays, many people are pursuing health, but they don’t know that their teeth are not carefully treated, which is also harmful to our bodies. Many people are prone to oral diseases. If they are not treated in time, they will be seriously deteriorated, causing the teeth to fall off. In fact, these are due to the lack of effective maintenance, too little tooth washing, resulting in the mouth has been in an unhealthy state. Dr. Dental doctor said: The oral cavity is well maintained. First of all, our teeth will be very clean. At the same time, there aren’t many plaque and calculus, it isn’t easy to cause periodontitis, and the oral environment is healthier. For oral hygiene, people of different ages need different treatments:
- 1-12 years old
- Pay attention to diet:The growth of the whole body and cranio-maxillofacial surface is faster in childhood. It is recommended to eat foods rich in nutrients and hardness to stimulate the normal development of the teeth and their facial forms.
- Prevention and treatment of diseases:It is recommended that tonsil hypertrophy, sinusitis, rhinitis, etc. should be treated as soon as possible to maintain the smoothness of the respiratory tract and avoid breathing with the mouth. Because long-term respiratory dysfunction can cause deformities in the teeth and face.
- Dental carries precaution:The deciduous teeth will be replaced after the age of 12, so it is very important to maintain the health of the deciduous teeth during childhood. Parents should help children develop good brushing and oral hygiene habits, and prevent the occurrence of dental diseases through pit and fissure closure. If the dental disease has already occurred, it is recommended to treat it promptly. This restores the normal shape of the deciduous teeth and maintains normal chewing function, thus ensuring the normal eruption of subsequent permanent teeth. Preventive correction: For children with premature deciduous teeth, deciduous teeth retention, abnormal teeth eruption, tongue ligaments, and abnormal lip bands, it is recommended to perform related examinations and preventive corrections.
- 13-20 years old
- Master the correct oral care method:Including correct brushing methods, flossing methods, etc. Keeping your teeth clean and fresh in your mouth is especially important for a teenager’s mental health.
- Timely dental treatment:Adolescents are the golden age of orthodontics, except in cases where preventive treatment is needed. Simply put, common malocclusions and deformities have crowded, covered, and so on. In general terms, it is the teeth are not uniform, the tooth decay, the ground, and the sky.
- 20-45 years old
- Focus on oral health:For the people of this age, the importance of oral health should be paid special attention.
- Choose the right brushing tool and master the correct brushing method:In general, the bristles of the toothbrush should be softer to reduce irritation to the gums and teeth. The head of the toothbrush should be smaller, easy to rotate in the mouth, and can clean the tooth surface of each part. The handle of the toothbrush should have sufficient length for easy grip. At present, the Bass brushing method is the more commonly used method of brushing teeth.
- Regular oral examinations to treat oral problems in a timely manner:Oral examination can check for dental disease, periodontal health, and abnormal mucosa. Abnormalities in the oral cavity can be detected early and treated early. Taking dental caries as an example, timely treatment of early sputum can prevent further development of the lesion. If you reach the stage of pulpitis, you will have pain, and you will have to endure the pain of the marrow.
- Special crowd notes:It is recommended that women who are pregnant are often undergoing oral examinations. During pregnancy, due to changes in hormone secretion in the body, decreased immunity and other factors, it is particularly prone to cause oral emergency, and there is a great risk of treatment at this time. Therefore, it is recommended to carry out strict oral examinations for pregnant female patients to eliminate hidden dangers. Preparing pregnant and pregnant women: If a pregnant woman develops an oral disease, the choice of drugs and treatment options is often limited and can’t achieve the best results, and there is a certain risk in treatment. Once oral disease develops during pregnancy, the second trimester (4-6 months) is a relatively safe treatment opportunity.
- >50 years old
The daily oral protection methods mentioned above are equally applicable to people of this age group. With age, there will be physiological atrophy, such as atrophy of the gums, root exposure, root caries, tooth sensitivity, missing teeth, etc. We can’t take it for granted. We can also extend the life of our teeth through oral care and protection, reducing the risk of periodontal disease. But you should also pay attention to:
- It is recommended that people in this age group undergo an oral examination every three months to six months.During this period, a variety of lesions in the oral cavity exist at the same time, the development speed is fast, the oral self-repair ability is weak, and special attention should be paid to dental diseases. If there is a problem, treat it promptly.
- Timely repair of oral cavity and dentition defects.This is a problem that many patients at this age may ignore it. Dental disease not only causes dysfunction such as chewing, language, swallowing, but also causes a series of complications, such as jaw joint disorders, loose teeth, tooth displacement, more tooth loss, and even dysfunction of the oral and maxillofacial system. In the long run, it will cause direct or indirect damage to systemic organs or organs such as the digestive system and circulatory system. Therefore, dentists must pay attention to it and do relevant publicity work.