I believe many of my friends have had such experiences: When the summer is hot and dry, I want to have a bottle of cold drink to quench my thirst. But when the icy and cool drink is drunk, it’s not a satisfying feeling, but it’s so cold that it’s hard to beat. This should be caused by sensitive teeth. So how is tooth sensitivity caused? How to relieve tooth sensitivity?
How is tooth sensitivity caused?
Tooth sensitivity is a very common phenomenon in China. According to the epidemiological survey of adult dentin sensitivity in urban areas of China, 3 out of every 10 Chinese people have sensitive teeth. Why do they cause tooth sensitivity? In fact, tooth sensitivity is gradually formed due to some common problems, such as enamel abrasion and gum atrophy.
Enamel wear is a major cause of tooth sensitivity. Enamel is the hardest structure of the outermost layer. Although it is harder than any other tissue in the human body, it will gradually wear out and expose the dentin below. Atrophy of the gums is another major cause of tooth sensitivity. Tooth brushing is too frequent or excessive, long-term gum disease (gingivitis or periodontal disease) and aging can cause a gingival recession. When the gums shrink, the dentin beneath the gums will gradually become exposed. There are many small holes in the dentin that lead to the dental nerve in the center of the tooth. Once the dentin is exposed, hot and cold foods or drinks will stimulate the nerves inside the teeth, causing sensitive teeth.
- How to relieve tooth sensitivity?
- Do three-step observation
- See if there are dental caries. Dental caries, the term for tooth decay, can easily cause contact with external stimuli if there is a wormhole, causing discomfort. If this is just a simple hole, don’t be too scared, ask the doctor to fix it for you. But if the tooth decay is deep and the pulp is already damaged, then the internal nerves need to be rotted and then filled.
- See if there is periodontitis. Most of the periodontitis is related to plaque, calculus, etc. This inflammation is due to the lack of a clean oral environment. Periodontitis causes the gums to shrink and the root surface to be exposed, causing the nerves to be exposed. In addition to symptomatic anti-inflammatory, it is especially important to maintain periodontitis. In addition to brushing your teeth twice a day in the morning and evening, and gargle after a meal, you should form the concept of regular tooth cleaning.
- See if dentin hypersensitivity. Many people, especially the elderly, chew too much, causing excessive wear on the tooth surface. For such a situation, you can use some toothpaste that has desensitization effects, such as cold acid, to help your teeth reduce sensitivity. Also be careful not to use the uncomfortable side to chew when eating.
- Try not to irritate your teeth
The teeth are very hard, but the gums and dental nerve are very weak. Therefore, when you eat something, you shouldn’t eat too cold, too hot, too sour, especially when eating hot pot, don’t drink iced drinks or ice beer. Fruits like lemons are also best not to be eaten directly. It is good to squeeze a little in a drink or in a dish. Acidic foods and beverages can cause your enamel to gradually wear away, including fruit and juice, carbonated drinks, black coffee or tea, wine and any strong food such as ketchup or salad dressing. If you are at risk of tooth sensitivity, eat less similar foods and drinks.
Always do the cleaning work
Remember to brush your teeth before getting up early and before going to sleep. Brush your teeth and take care of them up and down, and not less than three minutes. Don’t eat anymore after brushing your teeth before going to bed, otherwise, it will breed bacteria easily. You should also gargle after eating. If you have food stuffed in your teeth, it is best to use floss instead of a toothpick to remove the residue. Frequent use of toothpicks tends to make the gap between the teeth larger and easier to plug. However, we have to brush our teeth gently. Brushing your teeth won’t make your teeth cleaner, but it will increase your tooth sensitivity. This is because too strong brushing may cause the gums to fall off the teeth, exposing the dental nerves and causing pain in the teeth. Try to use a soft brush. Use a short brushing path to gently move up and down twice a day – instead of brushing your teeth left and right. She added: “Almost think of it is like massaging teeth and gums, not scrubbing hard. As long as you do it twice a day and two minutes, it will be effective.
Don’t just chew on one side
Some people are used to chewing on only one side of the teeth when eating. For many years, the teeth on the side that are often used must wear out very quickly. So when you chew, you have to learn to change it. The first bite is chewed on the left side, and the second bite is changed to the right side… Of course, it doesn’t have to be so true and so clear. However, if you use one side of the teeth to chew, the masseter muscle on this side will be developed more than the other side, thus becoming the size of the face. Girls who love beauty must pay attention!
Try to eat hard things as little as possible
Nuts are a good thing, nutritious and very beneficial to the health of the human body. But the shell of the nuts is really annoying. For example, pecans, many people think that using tools is too much trouble, directly plugged into the mouth, “Kara” bite open, but also feel that their teeth are good. This is undoubtedly a great damage to the teeth. The teeth aren’t diamonds after all, and they can’t withstand such hardness. So for the teeth, use tools, not only convenient and labor-saving but also don’t put the nutshell in the mouth.